Love Wine or Beer? Like Walking or Running? This race is for you!
Race Swag: All participants will receive a race t-shirt, souvenir glass, *new finisher medal* and a free glass of wine or beer (or soda for our under 21 runners) after the race!
Join us on Saturday, August 7th, 2020 at 9:00 am for an exciting new event that features the scenic views of Port Washington and Lake Michigan, and the great Wine produced by locally owned by Vines to Cellar and beer produced by Inventors Brewpub. With registration options for all wine or beer lovers, runners and walkers, this race is a sure thing for a great time!
We will have music at the finish line along with light refreshments and water. There will also be a water station on the course for runners and walkers. This race is professionally timed by J3 Timing.
Awards: Age Group results will be shown online but rather than awarding top 3 in each age group, all finishers receive a finisher's medal and a glass of wine (or beer). So at this event, everybody wins!
2 Registration Options Available:
1) 5k Wine/Beer Run/Walk
Like wine or beer and running… just not at the same time? Run the 5k course with the rest of the field, then enjoy a full pour at the finish line with your friends!
2) 0.0 K Race
Spectators are also encouraged to attend! The 0k option gains you access to the race and includes a full pour and a souvenir glass.. and you don't even have to run!
This race benefits the Stars and Stripes Honor Flight and the Milwaukee Fisher House charities.
- Is the race only for 21+? No, minors are welcome to participate, but they will get a free soda instead of wine or beer.
- Is there packet pickup? Yes, and we encourage you to attend to beat the lines and get your drinks on Friday. Packet pickup will be on Friday the night before the race from 4-7 pm at Vines to Cellar Winery.
- Are strollers allowed? Yes
- Are walkers allowed? Yes
- If I refer 20 people do I really get 10 bottles of wine and $25 back of my registration? Yes! We have the best runner referral program!!
- Is the race dog friendly? Yes; however, *Please note anyone with a dog will not be allowed into the bird sanctuary. We have a water station and a course marshal at the entrance of the bird sanctuary. Anyone with a dog must continue straight at the water station and all other runners will go into the bird sanctuary. This will make for the dogs to have a slightly shorter course and will be omitted from the race awards.
- Wine's cool, but I prefer Beer! That's not a question… but you have the option with your ticket to get a glass of wine or beer at the finish!
- I still have questions, who do I contact? If you have a question, someone else probably does too. Email us at andy@J3Timing.com and we'll add it to this page