In keeping with all city, state and federal mandates we are canceling our 2020 event at this time. We are deeply saddened and regret having to make this decision. We looked forward to seeing you all, honoring our veterans and donating to our charity partners.
We remain optimistic that we will all get through the crisis we face safely and be able to have our great event again in 2021. Thank for your support and understanding. Stay safe.
The Milford Moves for Veterans event committee and the Milford Bank
THE MILFORD BANK & COLONY GRILL presents
6th Annual MILFORD MOVES FOR VETERANS
5K Run / Walk on Sunday, Father’s Day,
June 20, 2021
Start your Father's Day celebration with us! This family-friendly event is a fundraiser honoring local Veterans. All proceeds raised will be donated to Milford's Veterans groups: American Legion, Disabled American Veterans (DAV), Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW), and Vietnam Veterans of America. We encourage all abilities to join us.
- After the 5K, enjoy free pizza from the Colony Grill truck!
- Participants ages 21+ are invited to Colony Grill of Milford for a free post-race beer or soft drink.
- Other post-race refreshments and fluids.
- The 5k Run/Walk is bib chip-timed!
- Plenty of parking in nearby lots, at The Milford Bank on the green, and Colony Grill parking lots (no parking on the racecourse).
- A specially designed shirt will be guaranteed to all entrants registered by June 8th.
- A free Kids “Run For The Flag” Fun Run – a non-competitive, 200-yard scamper for kids 12 and younger only – weather permitting. All kids receive a flag and medal at the finish – with a group photo to follow.
- Awards for top male & female finisher
- Awards for top male & female Military or Veteran –
- AGAIN THIS YEAR – COLONY GRILL WILL AWARD the 1st place Veteran / Military Male & Female finishers with $500 each to donate to the charity of his/her choice.
- Awards categories: Top three male and female finishers in the following age groups: 9 & under; 10-13; 14-18; 19-29; 30-39; 40-49; 50-59; 60-69; 70-79; 80+
- All top finishers receive commemorative awards.
- Most Patriotic Award: Show off your stars and stripes!
REGISTRATION CLOSES AT 500 people, so sign up now, before it’s too late! Online registration officially closes on June 18th at 11:59 pm.
(Sorry, no registration on June 19th so that we can prep for pre-Reg pickup.)
EARLY BIRD ONLINE REGISTRATION (Register by April 30) $25 for ages 19 & over; $20 for ages 18 & under
ONLINE REGISTRATION (Register between May 1 – June 17) $30 for ages 19 & over; $25 for ages 18 & under
U.S. MILITARY and VETERANS (now through event date): FREE
SHIRTS – In order to be guaranteed a shirt and in your size you must pre-reg by June 5.
After that date shirts will be ‘as available’
SATURDAY June 19: 10 am – 1 pm Bib Pick-up & Late Reg
The Milford Bank, 33 Broad Street, Milford CT (Tent outside)
$35 for ages 19 & over; $30 for ages 18 & under. Cash/check only.
SUNDAY June 20: 7:30 am – 9 am Late registration (fees above) & bib pickup
Lisman Landing, 37 Helwig St., Milford CT
8:30 am Kids “Run For The Flag” fun run
9:00 am 5K Run/Walk race start
9:30 am Awards, Post-race snacks, Colony Grill food truck, and more at Lisman Landing
10:00 am After-party at the Milford Colony Grill
Marty Schaivone is the coordinator of more than 45 races in CT, including the Milford Hospital Live Well 5K on Mother’s Day, The Park City Classic 5k & 5miler in Bridgeport, the Colony Grill Hot Oil Run & Bigelow Tea Community Challenge in Fairfield, the Great Pumpkin Classic at Trumbull High School, and many more races in Fairfield County. MS Running Productions is available for event consulting & directing. Contact Marty at email@example.com.
See the MSRP schedule at www.hitekracing.com/msrunning
SPONSOR & PARTNER OPPORTUNITIES
If you or your company would like to partner with us, please contact Peter Berube at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Milford Bank, Member FDIC