RACE-DAY REGISTRATION FROM 6:00AM – 7:15AM (Cash or Check only)
Are you an experienced triathlete or a first-timer?
The 11th annual sprint distance triathlon is organized by local athlete volunteers who designed a race where you and your kids will be challenged! Our triathlon is limited to 200 racers, so it’s novice-friendly, but large enough to provide a competitive field of triathletes with a wide range of ages.
- Sprint Tri: SWIM 1/4 mile (440 yards) | BIKE 12 miles | RUN 3 miles
- Kid's Tri: SWIM 50 yards | BIKE 1/2 mile | RUN 300 yards
Packet Pickup/Pre-Race Information
- Packet pickup is on race-day from 6am-7:15am
- There is no pre-race day packet pickup
- Pre-race information will be distributed via email during the week before race day.
- Wetsuits are allowed, but not required. Race is not USAT sanctioned.
- Swim caps are provided.
- Open-water swim is a counter-clockwise triangle, with left turn around buoy.
- Lifeguards and Regional Dive-Team stationed near turnaround point.
- Kayakers stationed both on outbound and inbound side of course for swimmers who want to rest.
- Five Waves: Males <40, Females <40, Males 40+, Females 40+, Teams (Waves range between 20 to 40 swimmers).
- Some challenging hills with scenic, peaceful back-roads abutting forests and farms (very few cars on back roads).
- Roads heading back to town will have some cars with police directing traffic at critical intersections.
- Bike racks in transition area near lake/beach is for racers only.
- Route winds through neighborhood side streets.
- Roads are not shut down to cars; police direct traffic.
- Water station at half-way point
- Chip timed by Back40 Timing and Event Services (www.back40timing.com).
- Real-time results posted on-site and online.
- Distinctive Finisher's Medal
- Top 3 Overall, Male and Female
- Top 3 for 10-year age categories, Male and Female (Note: ages 13-15 and ages 16-19 are distinct award categories)
- Top 3 Teams
- Fastest Swim, Fastest Bike, Fastest Run (excluding Teams)
- Fastest Swim, Fastest Bike, Fastest Run (Teams)
- Floaties are allowed.
- Water shoes are allowed, and they may be worn for the remainder of the race.
- Parents may wade/run alongside their children.
- Parents may accompany their children into the transition area and help with shoes and helmets.
- Finisher's medal for all kids (and a refreshing popsicle!)
- See our kids race photos on this website and on our facebook page to get an idea of what the race is like for kids and parents!
- First responders and volunteers are stationed throughout the course at each turn/junction.
- Our organizers work closely with town lifeguards, police, and fire/rescue personnel to review the previous race and incorporate comments from athletes to improve operating and safety protocols.
- Grass parking lot is located just past the beach entrance on the right-hand side of the road.
- The main road to and from the beach will be closed to traffic prior to the start of the kids race.
- An announcement will be made to allow time for vehicles to use the road to leave the area.
- The kids race begins at approximately 11:00 and lasts about one hour.
- The road will be reopened after the racers have crossed the finish line in the kids race.
Scholarship & Donations
- Proceeds from the race fund an annual scholarship for Quaboag Regional High School graduating seniors who have been accepted to college or a vocational/technical certificate program.
- Students may apply in their senior year if they have competed in the race or volunteered for the race in their 9th, 10th, or 11th grade year.
- Scholarship applications are available through the Quaboag Regional High School Guidance Office.
- In addition, we have made donations to community service organizations, including: West Brookfield Rescue Squad, North Brookfield Regional Fire Training Center.