Moonbow Ultra :
The Moonbow Ultra is a looped trail race of varying distances that begins at the Moonbow Trail head near the Visitor's Center in Cumberland Falls State Park. The course takes runners along the Sheltowee Trace Trail, Kentucky's longest trail. Runners will be treated to miles of winding, single-track trails and natural landmarks that include stunning rock overhangs, bark camp cascades, and magnificent waterfalls. Runners will enjoy scenic views as thy run alongside Class III-IV Cumberland River and adjoining creeks. The races end with an iconic finish at the base of one of the most famous wonders of this region, Cumberland Falls. Standing 68 feet high and 125 feet wide, with an average water flow of 3,600 cubic feet per second, this waterfall has earned it's nickname as the Niagara of the south.
*Moonbow Ultra is a very wild, remote, and challenging course. Highly recommended for more advanced trail runners.
**There is a 10 hour cutoff time for the Moonbow 50k and involves 3 loops.
***There is a 7 hour cutoff time for the Moonbow 30k and involves 2 loops.
****There is a 5 hour cutoff time for the Moonbow 10k and involves 1 loop.
Race Weekend Schedule
Friday September 28th, 2018
• 5:00pm-8:30pm | Runner packet pick-up @ Cumberland Falls Visitors Center.
• Optional Meeting with Runners at 8:30pm @ Cumberland Falls Visitors Center.
Saturday September 29th, 2018
• 5:15 am – 6:45am | Mandatory check in/Bib Pickup @ Cumberland Falls Visitor Center
• 7:00 am | 50K Start @ Cumberland Falls Visitor Center
• 7:15 am | 30K Start @ Cumberland Falls Visitor Center
• 7:30 am | 10K Start @ Cumberland Falls Visitor Center
• 5:15 pm – Post-Race Awards @ Cumberland Falls Visitors Center
Proceeds from race go towards Kentucky State Parks/Sheltowee Trace Association/Daniel Boone National Forest