Challenge yourself to complete a 5K by training with us for the Hot to Trot 5k! The benefits of exercise are many, with the most important being: improved cardiovascular health, improved bone health, improved mood and better coordination. The program focuses on beginners, but all levels of walkers and runners are welcome. Along the way we’ll be providing you with motivation to keep you moving, guidance and advice, weekly group training runs or walks, and educational talks on topics such as proper nutrition, choosing the right gear, and avoiding injury. Plus, you’ll have the camaraderie of others just like you. Sign up today to run your first 5K and commit to making a life change.
This program meets once a week for 4 weeks and is FREE!
- Q&A Session: Thu Oct 26 at 6:00 pm. Anyone welcome to stay for group run at 6:30 pm.
- Workouts: 4 coached sessions: Mon Oct 30, Tue Nov 7, Tue Nov 14 & Tue Nov 21 at 6:30pm. In addition to the coached sessions, join our open running group each Thurs at 6:30pm for additional chances to train with a group; note these sessions are not coached sessions.
- Target Race: Hot to Trot 5k on Thanksgiving Day Nov 23
- Participants Receive:
- Weekly training schedule
- Guidance and encouragement from experienced coaches and supportive mentors
- Weekly coached session
- Informational clinics about proper running form, hydration, nutrition, etc.
- Discount into both Hot To Trot races as well as Veteran Salute races