Please plan to join us for this very special inaugural road race in remembrance of the 20-year anniversary of the events and tragedy of 9/11. Held Saturday morning, September 11th, 2021 in Downtown Cartersville, GA the “9/11 Run to Remember” 5K will represent a celebration of the herculean efforts of all of the first responders from that unforgettable day 20 years ago. Produced in conjunction with the Cartersville Fire Department and the Cartersville Police Department, plan to come out and join us for a unique memorial, and celebration of the lives of those that gave so much. Proceeds from the race go to benefit the Georgia Firefighters Burn Foundation ( https://www.gfbf.org ) At the conclusion of the race, in conjunction with the Awards Presentation, please plan to join us for a very special 9/11 Remembrance Ceremony.
This is a race route we think you will love! As the turnaround destination of the 5K route is the new Cartersville Fire Department Station #1 where runners will actually run THROUGH a Fire Truck bay in Station #1 where they will be greeted by throngs of cheering Firefighters and other First Responders while grabbing water for the return trip to the finish line!
If you are interested in Being a Sponsor for this very special event, please contact Michele Bledsoe with the Cartersville Fire Department: firstname.lastname@example.org
*$25 Pre-Race Registration Fee (Runs until 11:00 PM, Sunday evening, September 5th. You must register by this date to guarantee your T-shirt size and lock in at the reduced rate!)
*$35 Race Day Registration Fee
5K Start-Finish & Race Day Parking:
*The Starting Line will be located on “Erwin Street” Between the old Cartersville Fire Department’s Station #1 and the entrance to the Cartersville City Hall (located at 10 North Public Square, Cartersville GA.)
*The Finish Line will be located in downtown Cartersville in Friendship Plaza adjacent to the Downtown Gazebo.
*Race Day Parking will be located in and around the Bartow County Courthouse located at 135 West Cherokee Ave., Cartersville, GA.
Race Route (See attached Route Map):
• From the Starting Line (located on Erwin St. between the old Cartersville Fire Department Station #1 and the Entrance to the Cartersville City Hall) runners will proceed North on Erwin St. approx. 1.25 miles turning right onto Cassville Rd.
• Runners will proceed approx. .15 miles along Cassville Road to the entrance of the Cartersville Fire Department Station #1.
• Runners will turn right, running THROUGH Station #1 (where they will be greeted by throngs of cheering Firefighters and First Responders!) circling the back parking lot and returning to Cassville Rd.
• Runners will turn left onto Cassville Rd. proceeding .15 miles back to the intersection of Erwin St.
• Runners will turn left onto Erwin St. proceeding South approx. 1.25 miles to the intersection of Cherokee Ave.
• Runners will turn left Cherokee Ave for 1 block, turning right into Friendship Plaza to the Finish!
Race Day Schedule of Events:
*6:45 AM Race Day Registration Opens
*7:45 AM Race Day Registration Closes
*8:00 AM 5K Start Time
*9:15 AM 5K Awards Presentation (located in Friendship Plaza in downtown Cartersville)
PLEASE PLAN TO JOIN US for a 9/11 Remembrance Ceremony post-race as well.
Pre-Registration Packet Pick up:
*Pre-Registration Packet Pick up will be held Friday, September 10th, from 11:00 AM – 5:00 PM in the lobby of the Cartersville Public Safety Headquarters located at 195 Cassville Rd, Cartersville, GA. Please make every effort to attend pre-registration packet pick up to minimize lines and your wait time on race day morning!
Awards will be given to the following:
*Top 3 Overall Male and Top 3 Overall Female Winners
*Top Masters Male and Top Masters Female Winners
*Top 3 Male & Female in the following Age Categories: 10-Under, 11-14, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70 & Over
Please note, this is a rain or shine event.
Please plan to join us for this very memorable event!