You’re an athlete, but you’re also a parent, a boss/employee, friend and time is limited. How do you find the time to feed yourself and your family while swimming, cycling and running?
It is a balancing act and Elizabeth has an answer to that question.
This Curry Broccoli Chickpea Salad is refreshing, tasty, quick and easy to make. Plus, it has plant based protein from the chickpeas to help you recover from your workout.
Serves: 4 small side salads or 2 entree salads
- 1 head of broccoli, very finely chopped
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted almonds
- 1/2 cup red seedless grapes
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- ¾ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup tahini (I used #TraderJoes)
- 1/2 large lemon, juiced
- 5 tablespoons warm water, to thin dressing
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 3 teaspoons pure maple syrup, to sweeten
- 1 teaspoon yellow curry powder
- ½ tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ½ teaspoon salt
- In a big bowl, add finely chopped broccoli, chickpeas, carrot, grapes, green onion and cilantro. Set aside.
- In a little bowl, make the dressing by whisking together the tahini, lemon juice, water, garlic, maple syrup, curry powder, ginger, turmeric and salt. Drizzle over salad and toss.
- Sprinkle almonds on top and toss a few more times.
- Serve immediately or place in the fridge for later. Salad will keep well in an airtight glass container for up to 5 days.
We hope you enjoy this dish.