Where is it?
Rainbows and Unicorns Trail, Alameda Park, Butler, PA
Participants should park in the lot next to Oddfellows Shelter.
When is it?
Saturday, October 28, 2023 from 8am until 4pm.
What is it?
How many times can you pass the rainbow in the 8 hour window? Participants will complete the Rainbows and Unicorns loop as many times as possible between the hours of 8am and 4pm on Saturday, October 28th. The first group wave starts at 8:00 am. The second afternoon group wave starts at 12:00 pm.
After each loop, they will reverse direction. Bonus points won’t be awarded for dressing up, but will definitely be appreciated by other runners and spectators 🙂
- Loops can be run at any time between the hours of 8am and 4pm.
- The Rainbows and Unicorns Trail is a 1 mile loop.
- Run the loop as many times as possible in the 8 hour window.
- Loops should be run in an alternating pattern (clockwise, counterclockwise, clockwise, etc.)
- Runners will keep track of their loops and mark them in the designated location on the day of the event.
- Runners must sign up via Runsignup.com if they plan to participate by Friday, October 20th.
Challenge Coins and Trophies
- In order to receive a challenge coin, participants must complete 10 loops in a four hour window.
- Trophies will be awarded to the top 2 male and female runners that complete the most loops in the 8 hour window. In case of tie, whichever runner completed their final loop fastest will be recognized as the higher place.
Points will be awarded in the following manner:
- First place male/female will receive 8 points
- Second place male/female will receive 7 points
- Third place male/female will receive 6 points
- Those who complete 10 loops in a four hour window will receive 5 points
All others who participate will receive 2 points.
Challenge Organizers & Contacts