The North Texas Ultra is a 10K, 25K, 50K, 52 Miler, and 100K run held on Fort Richardson State Park’s Trailway in the foothills of North Texas. Featuring an open, scenic, historical, and paved with soft fine gravel. The race follows a 15.5-mile out & back course beginning and ending at the North Park Unit.
– Surface: Soft fine gravel, open trail.
– Course: Lost Creek Reservoir State Trailway
– Elevation: Relatively flat with gains and loss of 690ft every 15.5M loop.
– Location: Fort Richardson State Park – North Park Unit
– Weather: Historic Average 38-62 degree mid-February weather.
Texas Ultra Series
This series spans all across Texas. All the finisher medals from each race combine to make the State of Texas. Anyone who finishes all the races will receive a special wooden case for all the finisher medals. (see ‘website’ for pictures of the finisher medals)
You can save 20% on the Texas Ultra Series by registering for a Series Pass
The Top 7 Males and Top 7 Females that run the farthest distance of a Texas Ultra race will qualify for the Big Texas Ultra 100K Championship near Austin TX for a chance to win the Big Texas Ultra Champion Title.
Location and Times
The start and finish are located at the North Park Unit of Fort Richardson State Park.
(134 trailway drive, Jacksboro, TX 76458)
Early Packet Pickup – 4PM to 6PM
Packet pickup – 5:00AM to 7:15AM
100K – Start time 6:00 AM
50K & 52M – Start time 7:00 AM
10K & 25K – Start time 7:30 AM
Cutoff – 3:00 AM (20 Hours)
What You Get
– North Texas Ultra T-Shirt
– Collectible Finisher Medals for all finishers
– Unique Token for 50K & 52M finishers
– Buckle for 100K Finishers
– 1st Place awards M & F for all distances
– DFL “Dead Freakin’ Last” awards for all distances
– Aid Station Food & Hydration
– Scenic Course
– Fully Marked/Supported Course
– Friendly & Encouraging Race Staff/Volunteers
For more detailed information including the course map, other race info, and aid stations visit the website by clicking “website” above or visiting www.texasoutlawrunning.com
Within a 30-day notice, runners can receive a full race credit to any race of their choosing (except qualifier-required races.) For anything less than 30 days notice, race credits can not be transferred. We do not offer full refunds.
We offer discounts for all active duty military & first responders. Please send an email to email@example.com with an ID of your profession.