Welcome to the 15th edition of the Greater Hartford Quarter Marathon.
This year is different. Yes, we know that everyone is suffering from pandemic fatigue, and as much as we would love to open an in-person race, there's just too much uncertainty right now. So here's what we're doing: opening the Quarter Marathon as a virtual event with three distance options — the 1/8 marathon (3.275 miles), the 1/4 marathon (6.55 miles), and the 3/8 marathon (9.825 miles).
Virtual event participants will have from March 25, 2021 – April 6, 2021 to complete the distance on a course of their design and choosing and upload results. All participants will receive an iconic Quarter Marathon medal (we do want to celebrate our 15th year after all), be eligible for overall prizes, be entered into our raffles, and have the opportunity to be part of our supportive Facebook group.
In addition, if conditions improve, and you can bet we hope they do, we will look to set up pop-up events with timing in Connecticut this spring. We will look to set up 3.275 loop course so participants can run an 1/8, 1/4, or 3/8 marathon depending on their race choice at registration.
As always, all proceeds from the race will benefit our charity partners. This year they will be divided evenly among Blazeman Foundation, Achilles International, and Salida Mountain Trails. Plus you'll have the opportunity to make an additional donation during the check out process.
Race registration includes:
- Entry into the 2021 virtual race.
- Entry into any 2021in person pop-up events we are permitted to have pending federal, state and/or local restrictions. Entry into in person events will be offered in order of registration.
- Custom designed finisher medal from Ashworth Awards.
- The satisfaction of knowing you helped some great organizations (Blazeman Foundation, Achilles International, and Salida Mountain Trails).
- Unique awards. We will have awards for the top 5 overall male and female runners for each race distance (30 total awards for the virtual race). You must provide a supporting file to be eligible for awards.
- Raffles for all participants (we always have lots of great prizes).
- Access to our supportive Facebook group.