The Fall into Fitness Challenge is a FREE three-week challenge hosted by HealthCorps in partnership with Serve Ohio. The challenge is designed to empower and motivate students, teachers, and family members in our community to get moving and enjoy the benefits of physical activity, and we are so excited to have you joining us!
Join a school team and work together to meet movement and spirit/community encouragement goals.
Each participant will log their daily activities, in the form of steps. Steps can be tracked using pedometers, fitness watches, or phone apps OR participants can log their activities and how long they participated in them and convert them to steps using the activity log and conversion chart in the participant packet.
Registration! Registration is open now! Registration will remain open for anyone who wants to join in throughout the challenge.
Challenge dates: October 17th-November 6th
Log your activities every Tuesday by 11:59pm to be included in each week's raffle and leaderboard summaries! All activities must be logged no later than Thursday, November 9th for consideration in final leaderboards and prizes. Final Awards to be announced on Monday, November 13th. *Note: only activities completed from 10/17-11/06 will be accepted for award consideration.
- Each person who logs activities will be entered into a weekly random drawing for fun prizes and swag. Drawings will take place on 10/25,11/1 and 11/8. Your HealthCorps team will reach out to selected winners via the email provided in your registration, as well as post the names on this page.
- Share activities you are leading with your team, or community! Email an update on what you hosted to Anna.Herrmann@HealthCorps.org. At the end of the challenge, a Fall into Fitness Community Activator award will be named.
- Share on social media and tag @HealthCorps on your posts. At the end of the challenge, a Fall into Fitness Influencer award will be named.
First place and runner up team titles will be awarded to teams who excel in each challenge category:
- WENT THE DISTANCE AWARD: Highest average number of step equivalents/steps per participant.
- COMMUNITY HUSTLE AWARD: Highest number of participants on a team.
- TEAM SPIRIT AWARD: Teams who share the most stories of impact (activities and initiatives hosted to support your team's success, emailed to Anna.Herrmann@HealthCorps.org, and tagged posts on social media).
Each winning team will receive a brag banner and additional resources for their team celebration!
National Team Recognition and Awards
HealthCorps communities across the country are also competing in this challenge! A national leaderboard and team awards will be announced on November 13th!