YOUTH IMPACT CLUB (YIC) has taken over the LiFE OF HOPE awareness building fundraiser event, "5K Butterfly Run/Walk. YIC is an after hours, high school club focused on advocating for, STIGMA REDUCTION, MENTAL WELLNESS, AND SUICIDE PREVENTION. Initiatives and events planned and hosted by club members, are designed to increase knowledge on the topics of mental wellness and suicide prevention, making both issues "talk-able" topics.
100% of all funds raised through the 5K Butterfly Run/Walk event (registrations, sponsors, donors, and raffle sales), will be applied directly to the continuation of mental health and suicide prevention initiatives, including a state approved suicide prevention program called HOPE SQUAD.
The 7th Annual 5K Butterfly Run/Walk"fun"draiser will be held IN PERSON this year!!!! We have moved locations and will be hosting our race at the West Bend High school football auditorium and track and field. We will utilize our Cross Country team's 5K route!
Links to participate will be sent to all registered participants via email as we get closer to event day. Whether running, walking, or watching, check your email inbox in the days ahead. Further information/reminders will be provided with regard to swag bag packet pick-up, event sponsors, the event agenda, and the 5K route.
Not available to join us in person on September 12th? No worries! You can still support the Youth Impact Club and their advocacy for mental wellness, suicide prevention, and the reduction of negative stigma. ~~~ DONATIONS ARE WELCOMED to help cover the cost of a state approved, suicide prevention program to be implemented by the Youth Impact Club at the West Bend High Schools.
Perhaps this year, more than ever, we are all keenly aware of the mental health challenges faced by many, making the need for our Youth Impact Club and their great work all the more vital.
– Inspirational messages from Youth Impact Club members and Advisors.
– Swag Bag with many great inclusions provided by area businesses who support our young adult leaders (Youth Impact Club members). Please show your patronage to our event sponsors and donors and their commitment to the prevention of suicide, and establishing a state of physical/mental wellness among all members of the West Bend, Washington County, and expanded community.
– A 7th Annual 5K event t-shirt (with registration sign up on or before Sunday, August 29th). NOTE: Some additional t-shirts may be available for purchase ($10) to those who register after 8/29/2021, while supplies last.
– Ten (10) raffle basket tickets for ten chances to win one or more of the fantastic baskets and/or gift certificates available. Pictures and descriptions will be shared in the coming days.
– A LIVE program, kicking off the event at 8:00am on Sunday, September 12th
– Live raffle basket drawing at (approximately) 11:45am at the end of the event.
THANK YOU: It is only through the support and encouragement of those who register, sponsor, and donate toward the "FUN"draiser event that YIC can kick off the 2021/22 school year with a positive message of HOPE for healing. Thank you to everyone who has invested time, talent, and treasure to improve the lives of those residing within the WB High School/District, city, town, and Washington County. You are LIFE-SAVERS!
SPONSORS: — Fuel Motor Sports ($250) — Gentle Dental ($250) — Jim's Auto Body ($250) — ReMax/Steve Koepp ($250) — Russ Darrow Group ($1,000) —
DONORS: — Lotus Be Well — Milwaukee Admirals — Picasso Art of Hair & Gallery Two — Starbucks — Swede's St. Kilian Inn — Green Bay Packers — Gehring's Meat Market —